Migration from Esri Forums to Geonet

Jump to solution
07-08-2014 01:53 AM
NicolaiSteinø
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

having used the Esri Forums on CityEngine extensively, I am rather confused about where the content of the different CityEngine sub-forums have gone after the migration to Geonet.

Would you kindly provide some sort of guide or overview as to how to find this content in the new structure, as well as to how/where to put new questions?

Still confused about the logic of Geonet, my best bet is that everything is now in the GIS > 3D space (if this is a space at all). But the the old structure provided a more fine-masked sorting, such as First Steps, Shape Grammars, Python, etc. Have these distinctions been maintained, and how?

Regards,

Nic

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nic,

Creating discussions is explained here: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1087

As far as it has been explained to us MVPs the old forum threads have been tagged appropriately and moved to the new generalized structure. So if you go to your old City Engine forum bookmark you should be redirected to the new GeoNet space that those forum posts have been moved to. You can filter spaces for your area of interest or you can create a stream that will allow you to follow only the people or tags, etc that you are interested in. See this post: Read More

Robert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I'm stumbling around GeoNet, not sure what I am looking at. Can't seem to find where one would post a desktop developer question. Of cause the irony in your question is would we find the guide if someone posted it?

FrankGarofalo
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Duncan,

Check out: GIS Developers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nic,

Creating discussions is explained here: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1087

As far as it has been explained to us MVPs the old forum threads have been tagged appropriately and moved to the new generalized structure. So if you go to your old City Engine forum bookmark you should be redirected to the new GeoNet space that those forum posts have been moved to. You can filter spaces for your area of interest or you can create a stream that will allow you to follow only the people or tags, etc that you are interested in. See this post: Read More

Robert

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Nic,

In the migration, CityEngine content was dumped into the GIS -> 3D Place.

Within the 3D Place, on the Content tab - use the filter by tag of: cityengine

That will filter down to all the old CityEngine Content-- from there it is search by text or you can click the browse more tags to filter down further.

AleksandarLalovic
New Contributor II

Does this actually means that if you don't tag your posts appropriately they will end up god knows where and no one will see it. Up untill now everything was quite compact and in one place, why jamming everything together, I really don't see the point of this?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

tagging is important...not only for you but for the community in general.  A well tagged thread will help stop the proliferation of redundant/already-asked threads on the site

0 Kudos
SukhvirRehal
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if I should be writing this here, but I'm also having problems with this update.

How do I go about finding all posts started by me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Until the migration of the former forums, you may not be able to...this issue was raised at an online MVP meeting yesterday....patience perhaps

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sukhvir,

As Dan mentioned you may not find them all right now but all you have to do is go to the content menu on the main top banner and then click authored on the left menu.

Robert

0 Kudos