Related Tables in ArcGIS Online (July 2014 Update)

Jump to solution
07-08-2014 01:26 PM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I see that with the July 2014 update we can now publish related tables to ArcGIS Online (w/o arcgis server)  It appears the purpose is to view or display the related table information in the pop-up only.  Is there or will there be a way to edit the data in the related table once it is in ArcGIS.com?  Still looking for that ArcGIS.com one to many related table option for completing annual inspections on a fixed point like a fire hydrant.

Any suggestions?  No ArcGIS server, just ArcGIS.com organization account.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

There is currently no support for editing related records. It's something we will be working on. No release time set yet.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

There is currently no support for editing related records. It's something we will be working on. No release time set yet.

Thanks,

Mike

JonathanBailey

Hi Mike,

Can Esri provide any update on when this functionality might be available?

Thanks,

Jon.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Possibly Q2 2015. No guarantees though.

Mike

JonathanBailey

Thanks, Mike.

Jon.

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Mike,

Has there been any progress as to the ability to edit related tables in ArcGIS Online? Will be included in an update at the 2015 UC?

Chris

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Chris,

Editing related tables will not be in the next update. We've made progress on the project, but it's not ready to release. Hopefully, later this year.

Thanks,

Mike

deleted-user-eL1mKkp8gJc9
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

We have a similar issue where there are multiple inspections on the same asset. The solution we're using for now is to just have different feature classes for each year's inspection. You can append each years' inspection to a 'master' table after the fact to allow you to do whatever analysis or reporting is required. Let me know if you need more information.

~Stephen

DanAllen

Thank you Mike and Stephen.

We have used the same approach with multiple feature class copies for each round of inspections.  It is actually not that bad of a workflow for now.  I have found it particularly useful to pre-populate an "inspection complete - Yes/No" field on the feature class with "no" the default answer.  I then symbolize the map on the Yes/No so the symbol changes color from red to green when the inspection is complete.  Great visual indicator in the Collector App for the field crew.  When all the dots turn from red to green, they know nothing was missed.

0 Kudos
HuongTran1
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

I know this is an old post but has there been any updates.

Thanks,

Teresa

0 Kudos