problems switching from CityEngine 2012 to 2014

Jump to solution
07-10-2014 02:16 PM
juliamachin
New Contributor II

I created a project in CityEngine 2012, and have since upgraded to the 2014 version. Now, when I open my project, there are several issues with the models that were not present before. The attached screenshots show the changes from 2012 to 2014 - nothing has changed within the rules or project file, but the streets are now incorrect, with the parallel parking missing on one side, no crosswalks, and markings in the wrong places. This is using the Street Construction rule from the Redlands redevelopment example. Any help on why this is occurring or how it can be fixed is appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Julia,

Attached is an updated version of the rules that work in 2014. This is a partial fix - some items will not work well until we rewrite for the new 2014 street shapes. Intersections will have problems and crossings won't show. But cars will not be parked on sidewalks anymore. Let me know if you have more questions.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Julia,

Attached is an updated version of the rules that work in 2014. This is a partial fix - some items will not work well until we rewrite for the new 2014 street shapes. Intersections will have problems and crossings won't show. But cars will not be parked on sidewalks anymore. Let me know if you have more questions.

Chris

juliamachin
New Contributor II

Thank you, this will help me get my project back on track!

0 Kudos