eSearch:

Jump to solution
07-24-2014 07:31 AM
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

I have two file geodatabases(FGDB): one a copy of the other with an additional year of feature classes. I've been using the original one for services used in eSearch widget with great success. I copied the original FGDB and added an additional years of feature classes. Any eSearch services hitting the new FGDB return "[RPC Fault faultString="Failed to execute query." faultCode="400" faultDetail=""]". Any ideas on why a service using the same year from two different FGDB's works in one and not the other?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

A 400 error normally occurs if your query is trying to return a field that does not exist, check the fields in your config match those in your rest endpoint (check field name spellings). Remember REST is also case sensitive.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure, but a good place to start would be to open the mxd's that the services are based on and make sure they open and bring in the data correctly.  Might give you an idea of where it is broken.

If not, might try to re-publish the service after re-sourcing to the copy of the data.

R_

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

A 400 error normally occurs if your query is trying to return a field that does not exist, check the fields in your config match those in your rest endpoint (check field name spellings). Remember REST is also case sensitive.

MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Anthony!

Yes, I just discovered that a field name had changed and was being referenced by the old name in the eSearch config xml file. Once I updated the config file, all was well.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
JenniferWhiteis
New Contributor II

This solved my problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos