Domains aren't showing up in AGO

07-28-2014 10:09 AM
DaveMenaker
New Contributor

Created a file GDB in 10.0 (so I can't share from Desktop). GDB has one point feature class with a handful of fields and domains. Tested on desktop and worked great. Uploaded to AGO, created a map, and my domains don't show up. What did I do wrong or what am I missing?

0 Kudos
40 Replies
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

I have experienced the same behavior.  When I publish a hosted feature service from ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2, domains are present / dropdowns are available when editing the resulting hosted feature service.  However, domains / dropdowns are not present in a feature service that was published from a zipped file geodatabase.  So far I have experienced this when uploading and choosing to publish a service - not sure if the same behavior exists if you publish as a separate step.

--Tim

0 Kudos
DanC
by
New Contributor II

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I created a file geodatabase in 10.1 with a single domain, zipped it, uploaded to AGO, and created a hosted feature service and the domain doesn't show up when I create a webmap with editing enabled on the features.  I only have editing of the attributes enabled and I am also tracking the edits.  I am also wondering if I am missing a step...

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I, too, have experienced the same behavior with an FGDB created with ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.2.1.  It sure would be handy if AGOL recognized domains established within a zipped/uploaded FGDB.

0 Kudos
JonathanSinker2
New Contributor

The problem is that you are trying to zip the geodatabase and add it with the add file option.  You need to add the data in the geodatabase to a blank mxd and publish from there using the "share as a service" in the file dropdown. That is the process I use for anytime I am setting up collector and need to leverage the subtypes and domains. You need to make sure you are logged into AGOL in ArcMap.  Chose "my hosted services" and it will be in your content on AGOL. 

JordanRogers
New Contributor III

I was also attempting this method to host my geodatabase content on AGOL as I am working with 10.0.  I experienced the same issue.  As mentioned, if you are using 10.1 and up you have the option to 'share as' a hosted service.  Unfortunately, at 10.0 this option is not available.  I ended up installing 10.2 on a laptop specifically for this capability.  

0 Kudos
TimothyMichael

That is correct, at 10.1 and 10.2 you have the ability to share services to ArcGIS Online.  New functionality has been introduced to ArcGIS Online (documentation here) that allows a user to upload a file geodatabase to ArcGIS Online and have the contents hosted as a service.  What is unclear to me at this time is if the 'missing' domains in the resulting feature service is a bug, or, if that is an omission by design.

--Tim

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

This is a bug that is on track to be fixed in the Nov/Dec timeframe. Publishing from Desktop is the way to go until the fix goes out.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
TimothyMichael

Thank you for the clarification, Mike.

--Tim

0 Kudos
RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III

Mike,

I just got done publishing a zipped file geodatabase using 10.1 SP1 and the domains aren't showing up in AGOL.  Is the bug in ArcGIS Online or in Desktop?  If the bug is in AGOL did it get fixed?

I tried the other method through ArcMap but it failed with the wonderful ERROR 999999 when trying to publish.

0 Kudos