Labels not showing in Collector Map

Jump to solution
07-30-2014 07:35 AM
RichardAbram
New Contributor III

I have a published map on ArcGIS Online with labeling turned on for 1 feature class.  I can see the labels in the map in ArcGIS Online but the labels do not display when viewing the map in Collector.  Is this a limitation of labeling?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The Collector app currently does not have support for AGOL labeling.

Russ

View solution in original post

40 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The Collector app currently does not have support for AGOL labeling.

Russ

MattsonCompton
New Contributor

Are there any plans to support AGOL labeling for the Collector and/or Explorer apps in the near future?

NilsRatnaweera
New Contributor III

this feature still seems to be unavailable.. any plans to implement it?

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is something we would like to add but it is currently not slated in an upcoming update.

BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Any status of when support for labels in Collector could get added to the roadmap?  There are a number of use cases where this is really important.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
PeteCrosier
Occasional Contributor III

They would be very, very useful. We have some ugly replications happening to translate all our annotation in to polygons which Collector can display.

If you publish a layer that has labels enabled from Desktop in to an AGOL hosted feature layer, add this to a web map, take the web map offline in Collector, then open the web map you'll see labels. Obviously not something to rely on, but a handy bug that shows Collector 'supports' labels.

AnthonyPiecuch1
New Contributor II

Pete, thanks for the workaround. I found this glitch by accident as well.However I've found this only works if you do not have any expression on the labels.

0 Kudos
PaulCone
New Contributor III

I'm guessing that once Collector supports the upcoming vector tiles, that that will be how you get labels on the map.  It's probably too much overhead to drive the standard ArcMap label engine (especially Maplex) on a portlable device.  Remember ArcPad?

NiekGoorman1
Occasional Contributor

Has there been any progress on this issue? Being able to label highway mile markers is very important to my organization, and it's getting to the point where I'm recommending tablet users to use ArcGIS Online in their browser, instead of using Collector.