AGOL WEB APP SHARING

Jump to solution
08-05-2014 08:42 AM
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am just wondering but is there a way to share apps that were created on agol with people who don't have an agol account so that they'd be able to view it without having to log in? I have an organizational account.

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, you would need to install ArcGIS Server.  I would recommend talking to your ESRI Account Manager about purchasing this.

Yes, you can store the credentials for the ArcGIS Server service when you add it to ArcGIS Online.  See the section 'Secured Services' in the following link.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I've moved your post into the ArcGIS Online space. You will get a much better answer here as the GeoNet Help is intended for community help and feedback. You can see more on the community structure, and what topics are under each space from the following documents:

GeoNet Community Structure

ArcGIS Discussion Forums Migration Strategy

Thanks!

Timothy

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, you can. This post has information to help you.

Viewing ArcGIS Online Web Maps on Mobile Devices

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Mike,

So I understand that

" So, when you build an application that you want to view publicly, all components that make up the application must be shared publicly. This includes:

• Any layers that are items added to your My Content.
  • The web map itself.
  • The application you created. "

This leave me with another question. If I were to make my feature service and webmap shared with the Public. Then won't anyone be able to pull one of my maps or feature service into their map viewer and make edits to them? And won't these edits that they made be saved onto the feature service or webmap? If possible, I would like to prevent something like this from happening

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Hi Chuck,

To avoid this, you can disable editing for the feature service.

screen.png

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Jake,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I want the client to be able to make edits to the map. However, what I don't want is for other people to make edits to it.

Is there a way for the client, without an AGOL account, to have access to the data on the map without compromising their data to the public?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

The only other option you would have is to use an ArcGIS Server feature service.  You can secure the ArcGIS Server feature service and add this to the web map/app.  When the user opens the map/app, they will be prompted for credentials.

0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Jake,

I'm still new to all of this. If I were to use an ArcGIS Server Feature Service would that mean that I'd have to set up an ArcGIS Server first? If so, how would I go about doing this?

Also, if I were to use an ArcGIS Server Feature Service, is there a way to store the login credential in the feature service itself so that my client won't have to login?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Yes, you would need to install ArcGIS Server.  I would recommend talking to your ESRI Account Manager about purchasing this.

Yes, you can store the credentials for the ArcGIS Server service when you add it to ArcGIS Online.  See the section 'Secured Services' in the following link.

ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey Jake,

Oh I see. Alright, I think I understand it a little better now. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos