Units in the edit sketch properties window?

08-15-2014 10:19 AM
jasongraham
New Contributor III

Is it possible to change the units of the XY in the edit sketch properties window?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jasongraham
New Contributor III
  •   New Picture (3).bmp
  • The units default to meters, can they be changed to Decimal degrees?
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jason, if you haven't figured this out yet, you can change the data frame properties to a different projection.  You will get a warning when you try to edit to let you know that the spatial reference doesn't match the data, the shape will of course distort, I would check the edit results carefully, but this will change the displayed coordinates in the edit box.

Below...features class is Alaska Albers....data frame set to NAD1983.  Coordinates showing in decimal degrees.

jasongraham
New Contributor III

Just changing the data frame units does not change the units in the edit sketch window for me.  The only thing that will changes seems to be to set it to projection such as GCS_WGS_1984  that has angular units rather than linear units.

Units in the sketch properties window and the guide that shows up in the lower left when editing seem to be controlled only by the coordinate system and not the data frame units

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Interesting.  It worked for me.  I noticed I have 10.2.1 on this machine.  Maybe it changed in 10.2.2.

0 Kudos