Public Notification app - Printing

Jump to solution
08-20-2014 08:32 AM
Labels (1)
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm putting together the Public Notification 10.2 app.  When I print the print options window opens, but only the highlighted graphic shows in the preview and that is all that prints out.  If I "Cancel" the print, the print.html window displays with both the graphic and basemap.  I can then, right click, choose print and everything prints as expected.  The print option window is popping before the whole image is prepared on the initial load.  Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

Leon

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoltWright2
New Contributor II

The reason the print tool won't work is because in the Java Script esri use window.showModalDialog(). This is no longer supported by the Chrome browser. I tried several alternatives such as window.open() but this was still not able to make it work with Chrome. There are other alternatives, but they are past my limited understanding of Java Script. So I ended up disabling the function, and just had our planning department use the snipping tool which has worked well for them thus far.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Update....

That particular issue seems to be isolated to Chrome browsers.  However regardless of which basemap I make visible, the print function will always print the one listed first in the configuration file.  Is that to be expected?

Leon

0 Kudos
KoltWright2
New Contributor II

The reason the print tool won't work is because in the Java Script esri use window.showModalDialog(). This is no longer supported by the Chrome browser. I tried several alternatives such as window.open() but this was still not able to make it work with Chrome. There are other alternatives, but they are past my limited understanding of Java Script. So I ended up disabling the function, and just had our planning department use the snipping tool which has worked well for them thus far.