Zoom with mouse not working

09-04-2014 02:57 AM
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am using the flex viewer for Year and it is grate, in the past 2 weeks and without any change that I am aware of from my side, the zoom scroll with the mouse doesn't always work, sometime it is working and sometime it is not.

Any ideas?

Thant you,

Roi Algavish

Tags (4)
29 Replies
MohammedKhamis
New Contributor II

Roi ,

I have the same problem !!!!

but when I  restarted my computer , it is working (zoom) ..

Regards,

Mohammed

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Roi,

I have not seen this issue. So you are saying when the map has focus (meaning you have clicked on the map) your mouse wheel will not zoom the map in and out. What version of Adobe Flash Player and what Browser type and version are you experiencing this issue in?

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Yes that is what I am saying.

Its look likes the problem occurring only in chrome, but because it doesn't happen every time I can't be 100% sure. The Adobe Flash Player version is 14,0,0,177.

I don’t know if it is related but, around the same time I have notice it the basemap changed without me changing it.

If I reload the map after two or three times the zoom with the mouse will probably work again.

Thank you,

Roi.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Roi,

Those type of sporadic errors are nearly impossible to track down...

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Robert,

unfortunately i know that, i thought that maybe i am not alone and somebody all ready dealt with it.

i guess that for know I (and Mohammed) will wait, and we will see if something will come up.

anyway thank you the attention.

Roi,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Roi,

I am using Google Chrome Version 37.0.2062.103 m and have not seen the issue.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just to throw this out there.....if wireless, have you tried changing the batteries? (Low batteries can cause strange behavior).   If wired, have you tries a different mouse?  If a rollerball, like a track man, have you cleaned the censors lately?   My trackman was having issues this week...popped the ball out and removed a decent sized dust bunnie (so to speak).   Sometimes it is still just hardware and not software (at least in my case).

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Rebecca,

Nice thought but it is wired, and in about 10 computers that is looking to the same viewer.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I Figured as much, but don't ever want to ignore the basic level.

and actually I have seen the zoom issues lately too, now that I think about it.  I've been bouncing between Fkex builder and the JavaScriot web app builder....but I think it was in the flex builder that I saw it.  (Away from office so can't check). I usually just ignore it and use the shift-drag box   To zoom in.  So, a bit of an annoyance, but just adjust.  I think my app was working...just not the flex builder.

0 Kudos