Publish Service - FOR Sync

09-05-2014 08:12 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Trying to Publish Service that will be able to Sync when added to ArcGIS online application

I read that the below had to be done.

• Set as Versioned
  • Add Global ID
  • Enable Archiving

1. I did the above and can view in ArcMap. 
  2. I then go to publish as a Feature service.
  3. In Capabilities under Feature Access I check the Sync checkbox
  4. I do an analyze and get an error

Error Code:           00191

Error Description:  Invalid feature service capabilities configuration for sync

Error Name:          Layers

Error Type:           Data Frame

Error Data Frame: Layers

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

When I registered as Versioned I DID NOT check the box to:

"Register the selected objects with the option to move edits to base."

ArcGIS Server 10.2.2

ArcGIS Advanced 10.2.2

In addition to the above question...how do I determine the version and/or build of SDE that is currently running on my SQL server.

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Think I got my answer here

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Was able to publish the service NOT Versioned and then clicking the Sync button before publishing.  Link above explains this.

Now In Collector I can see the app and the Download button....
I download the application, seems to work fine.

I make a couple simple changes to some attributes and then see the edits there were done in replace of the Download button with Sync(3)

I hit the button to Sync and get an error  "An Error occurred while synchronizing edits." 

Pretty darn vague.

0 Kudos
NickAlexandrou1
New Contributor III

Did you ever figure out what the issue is? I'm having this problem as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
CarlosKrefft
Occasional Contributor

I was able to resolve this by having either of the following set in feature access capabilities:

• only the SYNC and QUERY capabilities.
    OR
  •  all the capabilities (CREATE, DELETE, QUERY, SYNC, and UPDATE).
0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

Did you ever figure this out? I am running into this issue now and I feel like I have jumped through hoops to get this to work and it still isn't working.

I am trying to publish a map to our server that has the ability to go offline and then sync back up when they reconnect to a network.

I have four feature classes and a table, one of the feature classes and the table are part of a relationship class. All elements have ESRI Global ID fields and the relationship class as a Global ID field as the primary key.

When I enable all five feature access capabilities (create, delete, query, sync, and update) I get the 00191 error when I analyze the map before publishing. When I only enable query and sync I can publish just fine. 

My issue is that I need the feature service to be editable which isn't possible with only query and sync enabled. 

Reading through the help document it says that for nonversioned data that you should enable all five capabilities and for versioned data you should only enable query and sync.

Solution

• Turn off the feature service SYNC capability.
  • If the data is versioned, enable only the SYNC and QUERY capabilities.
  • If the data is nonversioned, enable all the capabilities (CREATE, DELETE, QUERY, SYNC, and UPDATE).

So am I correct in my understanding that if your data needs to be versioned you can't publish it with the sync capability enabled AND be able to edit it?

Is there a way around this? My data needs to be versioned but I also need to edit it offline in Collector.