Create custom compass rose

12-20-2010 12:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: hsjuc

Dear all,

I have applied visual specifications provided by PLTS nautical solution for compass rose. A screenshot of the resulting compass rose is attached(Default compass rose.jpg).

Now I'm trying to modify the representation rules to match a particular pattern for my compass rose, which has some extra text on magnetic north arrow. An image of my desiring compass rose is also attached(Custom compass rose.JPG). The texts are changing based on year and declination values. Is there a way to use field value as text and add to representation rules?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Amy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NancyEl-Zeaiter
New Contributor III
Amy,

Here is a label expression that you can use to set the MAGVAR field text in TidesAndVariationsP feature class to a label.  After you have the desired label, you can then convert the label into annotation. 

Once you have converted the label into annotation, you can use the Annotation toolbar to place it properly and set the correct color.

Hope this helps.

Nancy
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: hsjuc

Hi Nancy,

Label works great. Thank you for your help!
I was focusing on solving this with symbology setting and forget about labeling.

Best Regards,
Amy
0 Kudos
NancyEl-Zeaiter
New Contributor III
You are most welcome, Amy, and I'm so glad that helped.  Good luck with your work.
0 Kudos