arcgis Ideas website log in

Jump to solution
05-07-2012 05:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: alnesbit

Hello,

I have tried many times in the last few weeks to log into the ArcGIS Ideas website to vote on ideas. It won't let me and shows this page  http://support.esri.com/en/SFIdeas/sf_validate. It's pretty infuriating. Can you fix the site please?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still can't log in. Can't vote on ideas. Get the same message as described above.  Not surpised as ESRI online presence has always been a mess.  Does anyone know how I can log into the ideas?

You have to email the support email address and they make you your own log-in website. That's the only way it will work. Otherwise I couldn't get in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
Andrea, have you tried logging onto the forum site then switching over to your listed link?  Also, I think the ArcGIS sites login is case sensitive whereas this forum's user name is not.  It is worth a shot.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andrea, have you tried logging onto the forum site then switching over to your listed link?  Also, I think the ArcGIS sites login is case sensitive whereas this forum's user name is not.  It is worth a shot.

Oh, hang on. Reliable ol' google brought me to this forum http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/48864-ArcGIS-Ideas-site-broken (whereas the "Search Forums" within this site didn't show it, ha). So I'm going to try emailing that support address.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
JimW1
by
Occasional Contributor II
I never got it to work. I'm pretty sure it's related to me changing my email on my ESRI global account.
I did not email ideas@esri.com because... well it's the Ideas site.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jakubsisak

Still can't log in. Can't vote on ideas. Get the same message as described above.  Not surpised as ESRI online presence has always been a mess.  Does anyone know how I can log into the ideas?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You have to email the support email address and they make you your own log-in website. That's the only way it will work. Otherwise I couldn't get in.
0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Andrea,
I emailed my rep and CC'd support. I provided a detailed explnation, screen captures and links to discussion pertaining to this problem. Hopefully they will fix it for me.
Jakub
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vsfoote

Jakub, Andrea

If you are first logged into your Esri Global account, and open a new tab to http://ideas.esri.com -- you'll be pointed at the correct web portal, but not logged in to the service yet.

Then when you click the Login action ( http://support.esri.com/en/SFIdeas/sf_validate ) the site will use your Esri Global account credential and complete your connection to the Esri ArcGIS Ideas hosting service--Salesforce.com.  The Login will change to Logout if successful.

Also, you may need to enable your web browsers to run javascript from Salesforce's--salesforce.com and Esri's assigned visual.force.com address to fully use the ArcGIS Ideas GUI.

If selecting the Login while actually logged into you Esri global account does not complete your authentication to the ArcGIS Ideas site, then there is an issue with your Esri Global account that your CSR will need to help you with.

Stuart
0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III
Got an email from support in Redlands and the person assigned to my case had to update my Global ID email.  After this I was able to log into Ideas without any problems.

2 things; 1. Complaining to my rep seems to make things happen fast, 2. ESRI really needs to correct this maze of unnavigable web sites
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 things; 1. Complaining to my rep seems to make things happen fast, 2. ESRI really needs to correct this maze of unnavigable web sites

Correct! 😄
0 Kudos