Point location issue regarding locations in native language

09-17-2012 09:43 PM
VincasDundzys
New Contributor
Hi all,

I am a newbie with ESRI for Office application. Recently I was trying to add a map which would provide some point features on the map. For locating those points I have provided three major city names of Lithuania in my native language (Lithuanian). I was using a default basemap and "World City" locator. So the problem occured when I have provided cities and country name in lithuanian (see the image below):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17750[/ATTACH]
My places wheren't located on the map. However when I've provided them in English form, they mached perfectly (see the image below):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17751[/ATTACH]

So my questions are:

• Does the World City locator works only with English location names?

• Is there any way I can get the locator working with location names in Lithuanian?

• What method is being used for parsing data geolocations or some sort of union?

P. S. I was also trying to use a UTF-8 CSV file for location names, but no luck.

B. R.

Vincent
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vdundzys

I'd like to add something. I found that locator called "Address" actually finds locations with Lithuanian namings. However it requires street address which in my data is not provided. So the main questions still remain.

B.R.
Vincent
0 Kudos