How to get WMTSLayer to work?

06-27-2013 01:54 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: lukas.kalt@geo7.ch

Hi there

I'm trying to show an WMTS Layer in my application.
Here are parts of the WMTS Capabilities (is not working because AllowedValues is REST and not RESTful?):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25540[/ATTACH]

How can I get this to work with the WMTSLayer class? I always get a white map. No event is fired.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vdkamp

Lukas,

There is a WMTS bug: http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDkxMDMx.

I'm still waiting for this problem to being solved before trying to use WMTS.

Albert.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
...is not working because AllowedValues is REST and not RESTful?

Correct, only allowed values are "KVP" or "RESTful".
See http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-api/apiref/com/esri/ags/layers/WMTSLayer.html#serviceMode

...No event is fired.

In version 3.4, the API will throw a load error for unsupported serviceMode values.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: lukas.kalt@geo7.ch

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any plans to add REST as a service mode?
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Are there any plans to add REST as a service mode?

As far as I understand the WMTS specification (which I might not be correct on), there are only three supported service modes: KVP (key-value pair) | RESTful | SOAP.

Do you know what sort of software was used to create this specific service?  I'm guessing their "REST" should be named "RESTful".  Or if at least behaves/is the same as "RESTful"?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: gummibaerli

OGC ist not entirely clear on this one. ArcGis uses "RESTful", other clients "REST". OpenLayers (OL2 and OL3)  implements both for instance.
After looking at the provided example, it looks like you don't have to use an "AllowedValues" but only to provide a "ResourceURL" in the layer if RESTful is supported.
0 Kudos
JamesEyre
New Contributor II

Did you ever get this to work with the swisstopo swissimage wmts layer?

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

j.eyreesri-ch-esridist‌ - this 2013 thread is about the since retired ArcGIS API for Flex. Are you asking about the Flex API, or maybe ArcGIS API for JavaScript?

0 Kudos