HTML Popup Window Title

08-02-2013 10:44 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: robert.libby

Using ArcMap 10.1, I have created a map with 4 group layers. Each group layer contains 5-6 layers. I configured the HTML Popup for each layer and tested in ArcMap. They look fine. I then save the group layers and add them as ArcGIS layers in ArcGIS Explorer (Desktop). I test the popups again. The popups display the correct information but the Window Title is the name of one of the fields. After some retries I realized that the Title appears to use the last Text field in the layer. I have attached screenshots of the popups.

I would like the title to either go away or change it so it displays the value of a field versus the field name.

Thank you,
Robert
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CoreyTodd1
New Contributor
I am having the same problem. I have tried Layer Packages with the same result. I hope an easy solution can be found.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mbockenhauer

If you have a field named "name".   ArcGIS Explorer Desktop will display the attribute of the 'name' field for the popup window title.

Mark
0 Kudos
MattKitoski
New Contributor
Robert, I am having the same issue.  Were you able to find a solution?  Thanks
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: julia.galindo

Mark, I followed your instructions, unfortunately, it did not work, I  created an attribute called �??Name�?� as suggested. I filled it with the value �??Datos�?� just to have something in it. Then I created a layer package with 13 layers ( all the shapefiles referencing the layer have the same attribute). When I click on a polygon, the popup window does not recognize the attribute Name, it pick any other text attribute. There is only a couple of layer that used the attribute, but the name of the attribute not the value.  See an example
0 Kudos
chriscremons
New Contributor
Robert, I am having the same issue.  Were you able to find a solution?  Thanks

I can confirm that Mark's solution does work. This workaround does not let you delete the header obviously but it does allow you to create an attribute box that look decent. The header code is likely looking for a field with 'name' in the title since that is the common use for attribute box headers.
0 Kudos