Create Sink Structure Error

03-25-2014 11:24 AM
Labels (1)
PhilipGriffith
New Contributor III
Hi All,

I'm currently trying to run through the ArcHydro Tools 2.0 Tutorial with the provided San Marcos data. I'm running ArcMap 10.2 and using the 10.2 x64 version of the ArcHydro Toolset; the OS is 64-bit Windows 7.

I've successfully created a Flow Direction Grid using the FilSink DEM produced during the course of the tutorial. In order to use the Adjust Flow within Sinks tool, I need to use the Create Sink Structure tool, which is where I run into an error. Running the tool from the toolbar produces the error below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32492[/ATTACH]

Running the tool from the toolbox produces this error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32493[/ATTACH]

The tool appears to create the SinkPolygon feature class, as well as the Sink Poly Grid and the Sink Point Grid. By adding these layers into the map I'm able to successfully create a Deranged Flow Direction Grid, though the resulting cells beneath the sink polygons have no data (is this correct?). However, the SinkPoint feature class doesn't exist (as is clear from the error message).

Is this a bug or user error? Has anyone seen this before? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks for the help!
Philip
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: p_griffith

Just realized Flow Direction with Sinks is still available in the ArcHydro Toolbox. Works like a charm!
0 Kudos
LornaMurison
Occasional Contributor

I had this problem too. I was getting the same error message when running the tool from the toolbar, and a slightly different one when running it from toolbox (although I only did that once... I may have gotten a different message if I'd tried multiple times).
I did 2 things to fix it. I removed a dash from the path name, and I deleted all of the files under the Scratch.gdb geodatabase that the tool created.

0 Kudos