Rabies maps

10-02-2014 11:40 AM
Labels (1)
KathyWolfe
New Contributor

Hi,

Our health department wanted a rabies map for their web site.  Rather than create a static pdf showing confirmed cases I created a web map that could be imbedded in a web page or viewed as a free standing web app.  It is used not only to alert the public but to get the word out about the need to vaccinate your pets. The ArcGIS Online Storybook templates helped take the fear out of attempting this type of project

Whenever animal control has a new confirmed case they notify me and the map is updated.  The most recent case is symbolized as "Rabies Alert".

The location mapped is based on a block range and not the exact location where the animal was found.

I'd love to know if others are mapping rabies cases?  How are they being shared?

Would you take a look at what I've done and give me your feedback.  This was my first attempt at a web map. Does the message come through.

Here's a link to the site:  Public Information Map 

Tags (2)
2 Replies
NatalieJung
Occasional Contributor III

Here is a Story map of Rabies in India https://missionrabies.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=2dd3bfe2a8ab4dffb68dc1567c0cc...

I think what you have done is a great start!  I haven't seen other maps that are tracking rabies in the U.S. but that doesn't mean that they aren't out there.

SophiaWalsh
New Contributor III

What a great idea!  Thank you for sharing!

0 Kudos