Make my first map zones colored

10-07-2014 04:30 PM
RafaelGarcía_Ocampo
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I need to make a map of zones colored, I mean I need to identify the municipality of the states in my country.

For context, I have an excel file of municipalities of positive or negative test diseases.  For example I live in Mexico and in Mexico D.F. are negative of X disease I need to put that in like green color, and if its positive in red color. Am I making myself clear? Then a tool tip you can put the mouse over and tell you information like the name and the number of positive test that I have in the excel file.

I don't know if there are something from the api a tutorial where it identify the states and the municipality, then I can passed them the names of the "municipality" and mark them in some color... I can't find them !

How can I make that?

Please help

EDIT : Robert Scheitlin, GISP , you answered me a question in flex, do you have an idea how can I make what I'm asking? please

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RafaelGarcía_Ocampo
New Contributor II

Thanks

I already solved this, and its pretty simple.

-> First login arcgis.com and in your profile , create your map.

->Map->Name it and everything.

->Then in the section "ADD" add a layer from file, and the excel where you have the data, convert it as CSV, make sure you are in windows when you upload it, because I was on OSX and it gets me an error.

-Thats all, you can have it with coordinates or with the names of the cities or municipality.

I got the info right here : Tutorial 2 Loading data into a new Webmap - YouTube

I hope It helps, Thank you!

0 Kudos