Flash Player 15 and Error 2032 for Flex Viewer

Jump to solution
11-05-2014 11:23 AM
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone experienced problems accessing web maps built with the flex viewer after upgrading to Flash Player 15?  I am getting an error 2032 on the screen when the map attempts to load.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jackson,

No, I believe that it is an issue with Flash Player 15 update but you can work around the issue by adding the swz mime type on the machines with issues.

In IIS 7 just go to MIME Types for the servers features in IIS and right click, and choose add, for the file name extension type ".swz" and for the MIME Type add application/x-swz

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

I just installed Flash Player 15 on one of my machines and tested two for my Flex Viewer sites and one vanilla Flex API site and no issue in IE 11 or FireFox 33.0.2

0 Kudos
GregLuersman
New Contributor

I am also having this problem. It seems to be only on new computers where there is a fresh install of flash 15. Any computer with a previous version that is updated to 15 seems to be working.

0 Kudos
JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

I am seeing the same thing on some machines here Jeff.

Here's what I've narrowed down so far:

Windows 7 Machines with Firefox, Chrome, or IE all work fine if the flash player version is 14.x.

Windows 7 Machines with Firefox and IE stop working and give error 2032 when flash player is updated to version 15.0.0.189.

Windows 7 Machines with Chrome continue to work even after flash player is updated to 15.0.0.189.

Mac Yosemite Machines with Chrome, Firefox and Safari all work fine if flash player version is 14.x.

Mac Yosemite Machines with Firefox and Safari stop working and give error 2032 when flash player is updated to 15.0.0.189.

Mac Yosemite Machines with Chrome continue to work even after flash player is updated to 15.0.0.189.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jackson,

I am not seeing that.

Windows 7 Machine with Firefox, Chrome and IE work when flash player is updated to version 15.0.0.189.

BTW Chrome comes with its own version of Flash Player installed and is not subject to the normal Adobe Flash Player update.

0 Kudos
JacksonTrappett

Robert - my flex viewer is built on Adobe Flex 4.6.0 and agslib 3.2.  Is yours built on newer versions?  Could this be causing the issue?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jackson,

No, I believe that it is an issue with Flash Player 15 update but you can work around the issue by adding the swz mime type on the machines with issues.

In IIS 7 just go to MIME Types for the servers features in IIS and right click, and choose add, for the file name extension type ".swz" and for the MIME Type add application/x-swz

JacksonTrappett

Robert - I gave that a shot and it seems to have fixed the issue.  Did Adobe change something about the MIME type at 15?  Can you explain to me why this fixes the problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jackson,

I am not sure what they changed in FP15 but if the machine does not know how to handle a .swz file due to not have the mime type handler then it will error out like many are seeing. There must have been some default in Flash Player that use to handle this silently.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jackson,

Don't forget to mark replies that are help as such by clicking on the Actions menu and choosing  "Mark as Helpful".

0 Kudos