How is it possible to set "3D_Entity: Add z informations" slope in degrees?

11-12-2014 02:44 AM
YannickCREST
New Contributor

Hi everybody!

I'm using ArcGIS 10 and I want to add z informations in attributary table of catchment raster (ArctoolBox-->3D Analyst Tools-->3D entity-->Add z informations).

The slope informations are setted in percent and show results above 100%. Thus I would set these slope informations into degrees (for more useful results).

How is it possible to set "3D_Entity: Add z informations" slope in degrees?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RaymondHuang1
New Contributor III
I may have misunderstood your question, but have you tried using the Slope tool on your initial DEM or elevation raster yet? It has an option for you to choose if you want the output slope raster to be in degrees(flat 0 to 90 infinite) or in percentages.

​Let me know if it helps.
0 Kudos
YannickCREST
New Contributor

Thanks and sorry, I poorly explained. I want to add z informations (min, max, mean) in attributary table of catchment shape file.

Yes I used the slope tool to build a slope map in degrees from my initial elevation raster.

I can extract stats from this slope map and insert it in attributary table of catchment shape file but it's very long and repetitive.

I don't know how to put these z stats (especially slope stats) in degrees directly from my initial elevation raster.

0 Kudos