How to extrude building polygons in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
11-18-2014 03:56 PM
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III

ArcScene's Properties dialog includes an Extrusion option, allowing you to extrude 2D building footprints into 3D buildings:

extrude.JPG

Where is the equivalent functionality in ArcGIS Pro?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaRichman
Esri Contributor

Hey --- To extrude building footprints in Pro:

1. Make sure the footprints are a 3D layer by dragging them into the 3D layer in the scene table of contents.

2. With the footprints selected in the table of contents go to the Appearance tab in the Ribbon.

3. You can chose the type and field for the extrusion in the extrusion section. ProExtrusion.JPG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RebeccaRichman
Esri Contributor

Hey --- To extrude building footprints in Pro:

1. Make sure the footprints are a 3D layer by dragging them into the 3D layer in the scene table of contents.

2. With the footprints selected in the table of contents go to the Appearance tab in the Ribbon.

3. You can chose the type and field for the extrusion in the extrusion section. ProExtrusion.JPG

StephenLead
Regular Contributor III

Thanks. I find it a bit unpredictable to have some properties show up on the Properties dialog (as in ArcMap) and others show up on a special ribbon section. Personally I don't see any advantage to this approach over the old one......

CatherineBradley2
New Contributor II

Yes the fc is in the 3D section of the TOC.  Yes, I designated the correct fc and chose the field.  It still does not work.  The attribute table does have numeric as its type.

0 Kudos