Recent Problem Authorizing/Launching ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
11-18-2014 08:19 PM
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Anyone else having issues authorizing/launching ArcGIS Pro?  In the last 4 hours or so?

I went to launch Pro just now, and I get a "not authorized" error, which is odd because I have been using the same profile for months to beta test.  I thought it might just be an AGOL administrator in my organization messed with permissions.  Then, I came across someone in the Pro beta forums describing the exact same issue, and they heard from their AGOL administrator the licenses just vanished.

Anyone having vanishing ArcGIS Pro licenses in AGOL?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you experienced this issue, you were using ArcGIS Pro beta 5 license entitlements which expired on Monday, November 17th. An email was sent from "betafeedback" a couple days prior to alert Admins of the pending expiration of the beta licenses. ArcGIS Pro Prerelease licenses are still valid.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III

I'm not sure if this is related, but we had a problem with our ArcGIS.com's REST API a few hours ago. Esri Australia said they were aware of issues.

So perhaps there's an underlying problem with the ArcGIS.com infrastructure today, including ArcGIS Pro login?

FWIW I haven't had any problems logging into ArcGIS Pro today.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I see at least one of my users is using pro...time stamp about 20 minutes ago, so it's working for them.  I don't have pro handy to test myself.

i Know they readjusted the beta numbers  yesterday and maybe continuing today.  If more beta/pre-release were assigned than are now available, after the beta numbers went away, I'm sure that could cause issues,

With that said, AGOL seems sluggish right now for me, but system health says all is running fine.

0 Kudos
PurushothamRaju
New Contributor

Yes, we had the same problem, we tried to reconfigure the ArcGIS Pro licenses, to surprise when we logged into AGOL all the licenses vanished. Still waiting for a reply from ESRI.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you experienced this issue, you were using ArcGIS Pro beta 5 license entitlements which expired on Monday, November 17th. An email was sent from "betafeedback" a couple days prior to alert Admins of the pending expiration of the beta licenses. ArcGIS Pro Prerelease licenses are still valid.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, this is one of my gripes with the AGOL-based licensing scheme, i.e., AGOL administrators in larger organizations aren't necessarily in the same part of the organization as the GIS users because of the way ELA/contracts are established.  Maybe our admins got an e-mail, but would they even know what it meant if they actually read it.

Appreciate the feedback, at least I now know who I have to go track down.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you have any ArcGIS for Desktop licenses, and thus are entitled to ArcGIS Pro, your account should also hold prerelease licenses whereby you should still be able to sign in and use ArcGIS Pro. The Administrator was notified because they may have assigned ALL ArcGIS Pro entitlements (beta + prerelease) whereby they would be in an overdraft status and would need to correct that in a given time frame. Only if the account had only beta licenses (no ArcGIS for Desktop entitlement, but were in the beta program), should you not be able to sign into ArcGIS Pro and use it for the next two weeks. If this does not sound like your issue, maybe it was related to something else such as expiration of your ArcGIS for Desktop Maintenance whereby a call to Customer Service is in order.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We are on a large BPA/ELA which hasn't expired, or at least our current extension hasn't.  I have reached out to our Esri Customer Service Representative to help sort out what is going on.  A couple of our AGOL administrators said they never received an e-mail, so we have some work to sort out those mailing lists too.

Once the dust settles, I will give an update in case others run into similar situations in the future.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This one was on Esri.  The beta licenses expired, but the pre-release licenses were never automagically loaded when they were supposed to, which wasn't a problem until the beta licenses did expire.  New licenses were loaded, and we are back in business.

Take home message, don't hesitate to contact your Esri Customer Service Representative if what you see in AGOL for Pro licenses doesn't make sense or seems like it should work but doesn't.