Black box this morning for USGS National Map layer failed to load.

Jump to solution
12-11-2014 06:52 AM
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III

Getting a black box this morning for USGS National Map layer failed to load on all my FlexViewer apps. Any information I missed or is it just down this morning? See attachment please.

Janie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

It wasn't working unless your URL was listed in the

http://basemap.nationalmap.gov/crossdomain.xml

For now, we've removed that basemap from the default basemap gallery so there should be no more error messages about that service when starting your flexviewers.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
miketoth
New Contributor

Same here.

Logged in this morning and I am getting the same USGS National Map Layer error. Any suggestions?

Mike Toth

0 Kudos
JanieGoddard

Hi,

Apparently the problem is now fixed. This was either a security issue or the service was just down temporarily. I'm very happy to say my production FlexViewer web apps are now all working.

Thanks ESRI!

Janie

BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

It wasn't working unless your URL was listed in the

http://basemap.nationalmap.gov/crossdomain.xml

For now, we've removed that basemap from the default basemap gallery so there should be no more error messages about that service when starting your flexviewers.

JanieGoddard

Thanks Bjorn. Everything is working fine now!
Janie

0 Kudos
KathrynSmith
New Contributor II

This appears to be broken again? We are getting this error in all our viewers.

0 Kudos
JanieGoddard

This morning all our FlexViewers were getting the black box on this basemap again. It is working now again.

Thanks ESRI,

Janie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just started getting this error again ... doesn't appear that we have much control over it from our end ???

JanieGoddard

We have been getting this since around July 3rd, 2017. We can't get any help from ESRI so far. It would be so helpful if Bjorn Svensson could once again remove that basemap from the default basemap gallery as he did in 2014 above. I have 20 different production Flex Viewers throwing this error everytime they start up that web app.

Thanks,
Janie

StephenMitchell1
New Contributor II

I'm in the same boat, this error has been a problem since early July.  I do not want to have to disable the basemaps portal to remove the error, but I cannot think of another way.

0 Kudos