Domain values on fields not coming through to Open Data

12-22-2014 03:44 PM
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

I have noticed that fields with a domain are not bringing the domain description fields through to the open data site.

So I have a layer with a few domain fields. One field has a text coded values domain. E.g. the code is "Prohibited" and the Description is "Dogs NOT Allowed". In webmaps etc the field will display as Dogs Not Allowed as I would expect. In Open Data it displays Prohibited.

Same on another field which is using short integer coded values. Field values come through open data as 1, 2, etc instead of 'One way',

'Two way' etc.

Is this a issue with open data or is there something I need to change somewhere in order to bring through the domain values?

I am accessing the data through the Open Data site using a feature service in ArcGIS Server 10.2.2. Underlying data is stored in SDE in SQL server.

Thanks

18 Replies
MalcolmJ

Anyone else had the same issue? Or is it just me?

If its the same for everyone, I would like to know whether its something that I can change on my end (to see the domain descriptions in open data instead of the field code values) or if its something that has to change in the open data configuration/code?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

I'm currently not publishing out data with domains.  I'll give it a try and see what happens. 

In any case, I'm interested in the outcome of this issue.Andrew Stauffer

0 Kudos
City_of_MorgantonNC
New Contributor II

I use domains heavily in my data, so this is a big issue for me.  I was looking into setting up an open data site today, but the lack of domain support stopped me in my tracks.

TimMinter
Occasional Contributor III

yes, same here.  no domains.

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

If anyone from the Open Data team is reading this, are domains likely to be supported in Open Data anytime soon?

0 Kudos
AndrewTurner
Esri Contributor

Hi Malcolm (and everyone). Can a few of your share the services you are using which have good domain examples? It helps to test with your specific data to ensure we're building it correctly.

Thanks!

Andrew

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

RTDC/Traffic_Counts (MapServer) is one example I have that uses several domains

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

Hi

This layer has domains on several fields

Layer: Walking and Cycling Tracks (ID: 49)

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

Any update on this? We are looking to release our Open Data site to the public soon and not having domain values coming through is going to limit the amount of datasets we make available.

0 Kudos