GeoEvent: Use Field Enricher (Feature Service) processor to enrich geometry

01-09-2015 09:28 AM
SindreEngh
New Contributor III

I have an input data stream without geometry information. I have a Feature Service with a matching IDs for the data stream, and want to add the geometry to the events.

I'm trying to a use the Field Enrichment (Feature Service) to enrich the events with the Geometry/Shape from the feature service, but this isn't working. Have anyone tried this before? is it possible, or am I doing something wrong? I have tried to write to a file also, the field is always blank.

EnrichGeom.png

I need to add new points from every event since I'm planning to use the output service in an Operation Dashboard where I select the point for use in a Bar chart Widget for displaying historic values for the point. I also have an "Update feature service" showing the current status of the points.

I tried making a SDE view which joinen an output table with the Feature with the geomtry that I'm trying to enrich. This didn't wortk since Operations Dashboard must have a feature service ( Spatial Views can not be published with feature access).

Any other ideas on how I can solve this?

Best regards

Sindre Engh

Geodata AS

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

Can you try recreating a new Field Enricher instead of keep trying the existing one? In some case this may help.

MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

One can workaround this limitation by publishing the feature service in WGS84. ArcGIS Server will on-the-fly project from the custom coordinate system. This feature service will be used by the Field Enricher. The output feature service from the Field Enricher (and further event processing) will be kept in the custom coordinate system. ArcGIS Server can again project on the fly from WGS84 to the custom one to be used by the client (e.g. WebMap). The point is to keep all on-the-fly projections on the ArcGIS Server side to get around the limitation of custom coordinate system handling on GeoEvent side.

GarrettMelvin
New Contributor III

I have a service that uses two field enrichers, both linked to different csv files that pull a single field each.  While building out the service (adding additional processors and re-publishing) it would act "glitchy" and not enrich both files/fields.  Deleting and recreating the Field Enricher Processor appeared to remedy the issue. 

0 Kudos
ColleenFarrell
New Contributor III

I have this same situation and I was able to get it to work.  Alarms from our smart meters do not have coordinates.  I was able to use the Field Enricher (Feature Service) to query an existing meter featureclass, get the geometry, and write out a smart meter event.  I attached an image of my example.

MeterLoc.jpg

0 Kudos
CollinCooper2
New Contributor

Sindre.Enghgeodata-no-esridist‌ Did you manage to get it working?

0 Kudos