3D marker symbol problem

01-21-2015 09:23 AM
JayMukherjee
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a webscene.  I have a TIN and a point layer that is 3d enabled (point z).  I added a 3d symbol marker to the point layer.  When I use the "export to 3d web scene" tool, the TIN exports fine, but i get an error message for my point layer: "Layer: restricted symbology will be ignored".  Again, I read the manual on how to create a webscene and it mentions that the layer has to be 3d enabled (which I assume is the "point z" attribute) and that the symbology has to be a 3d marker symbol (where I am using the 3d residential style reference).   I did both (I think).

Thanks for any help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
YuriPotawsky
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay,

What 3D symbol did you use to symbolize the Z-Enabled point feature class? There is an existing export defect for a number of the 3D symbols provided within ArcScene. My suggestion would be to either utilize a 3D Marker Symbol of your own creation or a 3D Simple Marker Symbol which includes simple 3D shapes. Another option would be to specify the 3D Symbol properties within either ArcScene or ArcGlobe which would allow you to optimize and verify the symbol appearance. The 'Layer 3D to Feature Class' Geoprocessing tool could then be employed to export these symbolized features to File Geodatabase Multipatch. You could simply add these features to ArcScene and create the .3WS which will preserve multipatches and any textures defined. Hope this helps.