ArcGIS Pro - Symbology Unique Values

01-22-2015 01:51 PM
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

I'm working on the Prerelease arcgis pro, and maybe this will be addressed at the final release, but I am having a hard time with the unique values symbology.  Like ArcMap the default unique symbology adds the, in my opinion, the annoying "All Other Values" class.  In Pro I can't find a way to delete this, or at least NOT to show up in the legend.  How do you delete this??  How, please for the love of everything holy, how do you delete this blasted item?  Is there a default option I can nuke it forever and ever? 

Capture.JPG

Unfortunately, this is very indicative of the entire software when coming from a long history in ArcMap.  I'm constantly clicking ribbons and features to try to find where the heck tools are, what needs to be active, or what didn't come over in the software as of yet.  Can we bring some of the context menus back??? 

Tags (2)
8 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tony,

In the Symbology pane, you should have an option that says 'More'.  Click on this and you will be presented with the ability to uncheck the 'Show all other values' option.

screen1.png

TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

now don't I feel like an idiot <facepalm>.  I looked right past that option. 

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jake,

Thanks for pointing this out. This was not very obvious to me and frustrated me for awhile!

GrahamW
Occasional Contributor II

Confusing but thank you! I have now come back to this thread on an occasional basis whenever I do something with pro.
There is effectively 3 menus here offering "more" each with their own uses. Not to mention right click options and the hidden ribbon options depending on what I click on..

deleted-user-sYHsW3p_gN5o
Occasional Contributor II

Agreed. I'm not sure exactly how, but it feel like the UI here could be simplified somewhat.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If you are using Unique Value for your Symbology in Pro, how can you remove just 1 or 2 values?  I see how to Remove all values, but I do not see a way to remove individual values.

0 Kudos
TonyHowze
Occasional Contributor

If you right click on the item you get an option to remove.  Make sure to click on the value or label box.  

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Like what Tony said, right click on the item, and click on remove. Here is a screenshot