Sharing a Scene

Jump to solution
01-28-2015 02:59 AM
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I`m having quite a problem sharing a 3D Scene made in ArcGIS Pro.

I have some buildings ( polygon vector data) and some streets ( line vector data)  under 3D Layers in Content; I have applied a procedural rule to those buildings to appear in 3D.

After that I shared the scene to my resources in ArcGIS Online and I had 2 warnings :

1. 24080 - Ensure scene is authored correctly before sharing

2. 24077 - Layre`s simbol will be downgraded

I ignored them I waited for my scene to be exported; When I opened the scene there were no 3D buildings, only the streets..

Do you know what those warnings mean? ( How should I author my scene) and why my buildings don`t appear in the scene in Online?

Thanks,

Ionut

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Ionut,

All analyzers have an associated help topic. You can access it from the

Message tab by right-clicking on the analyzer result and clicking Help from the

context menu, or directly from the Help system.

Analyzer 24080 - Ensure scene is authored correctly before sharing - will
always appear when sharing a web scene. The help contains guidelines for how to
author a scene (Author a web scene—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Professionals).

The intention of this analyzer is to direct users to this help topic. It identifies what is and what
is not available in the first release.

Analyzer 24077 - Layer's symbol will be downgraded - will appear if a layer
in your map is using a symbol that is not supported. Procedural symbols are not currently supported and should be downgraded to simple polygons. I'm not sure why yours are not showing up when you view them online.

Can you try symbolize the polygons using simple symbols and try sharing your

web scene again?

Thanks,

Joanne

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Ionut,

All analyzers have an associated help topic. You can access it from the

Message tab by right-clicking on the analyzer result and clicking Help from the

context menu, or directly from the Help system.

Analyzer 24080 - Ensure scene is authored correctly before sharing - will
always appear when sharing a web scene. The help contains guidelines for how to
author a scene (Author a web scene—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Professionals).

The intention of this analyzer is to direct users to this help topic. It identifies what is and what
is not available in the first release.

Analyzer 24077 - Layer's symbol will be downgraded - will appear if a layer
in your map is using a symbol that is not supported. Procedural symbols are not currently supported and should be downgraded to simple polygons. I'm not sure why yours are not showing up when you view them online.

Can you try symbolize the polygons using simple symbols and try sharing your

web scene again?

Thanks,

Joanne

IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joanne,

I understand. But please, could you explain more clearly or give me some steps about how my buildings(polygon vectors ) to appear in 3D in the webscene( in arcgis online) ?; because I can`t figure it out , they keep getting flat and 2D. ( I tried to export when the buildings are extruded with a simple fill simbology, also when they have the "Z" attribute made by "Feature to 3D by attribute " tools , but I can`t manage to share them as 3D....

Thanks!

Ionut

0 Kudos
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

HI Ionut,

3D vector polygons will appear flattened in a web scene. Extrusion is not available with the beta release of web scenes.

Joanne

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

And also,if I want to share my data as web layer, the option is gray, can not click it...what should I do, or what should I have so that option will be available?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JoanneParkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi Ionut,

You can't publish a 3D web layer (web scene layer) from ArcGIS Pro yet. The "Share As Web Layer" option is enabled if you right-click a layer in the 2D
category of your scene.

Joanne

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your answers!!

But if extruded polygons are not available in beta version, how are these buildings made in this scene ? ( Web Scene Viewer )

Thanks!

Ionut

0 Kudos
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Hi Ionut,

The Content team here at Esri used an in-house / preliminary version of web scene publishing capabilities (that we plan to release with the next version of ArcGIS Server and Pro). We wanted to test publishing 3D objects - and give users an idea of what will be supported - which led to a set of publicly-hosted 3D services, including the one you linked to above. (Note: the link to our full set of example scenes is below). 

- http://www.arcgis.com/home/group.html?owner=esri_3d&title=Example%20Scenes

Sorry for the confusion. We're looking forward to letting users (like you) publish this kind of content, too, but weren't quite able to get it into Pro 1.0.

Thanks, Nathan.

IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Oh, I understand Thank you Nathan!! We`ll wait !

I can`t wait to be able to publish and share 3D scenes with that kind of content!

Thanks!

Ionut

0 Kudos
Lars_ElmkærChwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nathan,

Do you have any idea of when this functionality will be available? 🙂

Thanks

Lars

0 Kudos