Can't sign in to Pro

01-27-2015 01:48 PM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

I went and gave myself an ArcGIS Pro license from AGOL.  I installed ArcGIS Pro on my machine, started it, configured my licensing portal to https://myorg.maps.arcgis.com, tried to sign in and get this message.

ArcGIS Pro cannot be started because it was unable to initialize license.  Please contact your organization's administrator to check if your licensing portal has been configured correctly.

I have all administrators rights to our Org Account.  Am I still not doing something right.  I was in the beta and was able to log in just fine but uninstalled the pre-release version.

I also has ArcGIS Portal authorized but it's not currently set up.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Steven

0 Kudos
8 Replies
StevenGraf1

ESRI's working with me to identify the issue.  I was able to create a dummy user and successfully login but not able to login with an existing AGOL account.

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Did you find out the cause of this?

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

ESRI is still putting together a diagnostics tool to send me.  They said they hoped to have it to me this week.  Are you having the same issue?

KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Yes we are. But we recently switched to enterprise logins for AGOL which is likely one more variable.

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

The issue with my sign in is caused by setting the Environmental Variable (ESRI_SOFTWARE_CLASS).  We are running multiple versions of ArcGIS which is why we are using them.  They are adding this to their list of fixes for the 1.1 release later this year.

Here is the work around:

In the meantime, you should be able to launch Pro with a batch wrapper as a work around:

SETLOCAL

UNSET ESRI_SOFTWARE_CLASS

<PATH_TO_YOUR_ARCGISPRO_INSTALLATION>bin\ArcGISPro.exe

ENDLOCAL

Thanks Esri!

KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response. One of our network folks contacted Microsoft as we realized it was an issue with Ie (even though we do not use Ie for AGOL, the sign-in process requires communication with Ie).  So ours is working now, though I don't know what the specifics of the fix were.

0 Kudos
KyleMorgan
New Contributor III

This was "close" but didn't want to work on Windows 8.1.

Here is the updated code that worked for me.  Tested it and my 10.2.2 license level is retained while working in ArcGIS Pro 10.3.

@ECHO OFF

ECHO Initializing ArcGIS Pro

SETLOCAL

set ESRI_SOFTWARE_CLASS=

"C:\Program Files\ArcGIS Pro\bin\ArcGISPro.exe"

ENDLOCAL

Lars_ElmkærChwastek
Occasional Contributor

I can't sign in to my Portal from ArcGIS Pro as well. Though I'm not getting the error that you are. I'm not getting any error at all! Either it just says "Not signed in" or Pro closes down, when I try to lo in to my Portal.

I have configured my Portal with ArcGIS Pro licenses and assigned a license to myself, and I can see them from within my Portal, but apparently not use them.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Lars Elmkær Chwastek

0 Kudos