Should I use ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF or .NET??

02-11-2015 07:11 AM
Labels (1)
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III

Hello fellows,

About a year ago I was involved in a project that want to develop an application with an fast, dynamic an fresh geographic view of the information. In that time we choose ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF, but with the promise of a more powerful tool always have in mid the migration to the brand new API for .NET.

We have been working with the SDK (10.2.3) and we were thinking to migrate to ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, But last week the release of the version 10.2.5 of the SDK for WPF hit us. To be honest we thought that 10.2.3 is going to be the last version of the SDK for WPF, and the next step will be the SDK for .NET.

So far, in a big picture, we do not see differences among both SDK's (we develop in WPF technology).... but should we migrate? should we stay in the SDK for WPF?

Please give me your opinions

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I would recommend upgrading your current project to the latest release of the WPF SDK which is 10.2.5 and included a good number of fixes, but as v10.2.5 is the last planned release of the WPF SDK for future projects you should be using the new WPF API within the .NET SDK.

You might even consider migrating your current project to the new .NET SDK, but that will depend on the lifetime of that app.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos