Attribute Assistant Not Populating AssetID

Jump to solution
02-12-2015 03:18 PM
Labels (1)
MatSavage1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to use Attribute Assistant in my organization, and I'm trying to get AssetIDs to populate based on this rule, but it won't work. Any ideas?

Table Name: sdManhole

Field Name: ASSETID

Value Method: GENERATE_ID_BY_GRID

Value Info: MapIndex|PageName|Seq_Num|[id][seq]

SYSID generation is working perfectly. I turned on debugging in the config file and receive this error (despite getting a message box from AA that all operations succeeded):

------------------------------------------------

Row Info

Row Number 1

TableName: sdManhole

FieldName: ASSETID

ValueInfo: MapIndex|PageName|Seq_Num|[id][seq]

ValueMethod: GENERATE_ID_BY_GRID

On Create: 1

On Change: 1

Checking for Subtype Restriction

Field Name: ASSETID was found at index: 4

ERROR: GENERATE_ID_BY_GRID for layer sdManhole is not a valid method, check the dynamic value table

Any help would be much appreciated in this matter.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DrewLindow
New Contributor II

It looks like the method you want in this case is "GENERATE_ID_BY_INTERSECT". Likely just a typo. Here is the help page on it: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/localgovernment/10.2/028s/028s00000089000000.htm

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DrewLindow
New Contributor II

It looks like the method you want in this case is "GENERATE_ID_BY_INTERSECT". Likely just a typo. Here is the help page on it: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/localgovernment/10.2/028s/028s00000089000000.htm

MatSavage1
New Contributor III

I've tried both to no avail, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
DrewLindow
New Contributor II

It looks like you are also missing the width parameter. Your Value Info statement should look like: MapIndex|PageName|Seq_Num|0|[id]-[seq]

0 Kudos
MatSavage1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately that didn't do it. The width parameter is actually optional, anyhow, according to the documentation: ArcGIS for Local Government 10.2

0 Kudos
DrewLindow
New Contributor II

To skip an optional parameter you should place two vertical bar characters consecutively to mark the skipped parameter: MapIndex|PageName|Seq_Num||[id][seq]. This is functionally the same as putting a zero for the width in this case.

Ensure the field ASSETID is of the correct type to hold the identifier (integer vs string). Also make sure you are using the actual field names in the value info statement and not an alias. If all this checks out, rerun it making sure to use GENERATE_ID_BY_INTERSECT and properly skipping the width parameter and let me know if the debug message has changed at all.

0 Kudos
MatSavage1
New Contributor III

Well this is odd. I just understood what you were saying about GENERATE_BY_GRID being a typo. That's actually a value in my domain for the Dynamic Value table in the Value_Method field so it seems that perhaps my implementation (this was given to me by another contractor) has been messed with and that's why I can't get it to work. I'll keep you posted in case I find something different. Thank you for all your help. I'll mark your above answer as the correct one shortly.

wGiwfSE.png

DrewLindow
New Contributor II

Also ensure that your GenerateID table is properly complying with the instructions in the documentation:

The GenerateID table must contain rows where the SEQNAME field has a combination of Sequence Name and grid identifier. For example, to generate identifiers for features in grids with identifiers 5 and 6 using the Sequence Name GRIDIDX, two rows must be added to the GenerateID table where the SEQNAME field has a value of GRIDIDX5 for one, and GRIDIDX6 for the other.

0 Kudos
AlexBaker1
New Contributor

Where is this original Documentation located? I have just been able to find limited documentation on this specific Attribute Assistant Value Method of GENERATE ID BY INTERSECT.

I am coming across issues working with sample data. The GENERATE ID works fine when using MANHOLE|0|MH-[seq], but I want to use GENERATE ID BY INTERSECT.

When using the GENERATE ID BY INTERSECT Value Method and using

WUD_GRID|SEQNAME|MANHOLE|0|[id]-[seq] as the Value Info, the FacilityID field is returning

NULL.

Table NAme - ssManhole

Field Name - FACILITYID

Value Method - GENERATE ID BY INTERSECT

Value Method: WUD_GRID|SEQNAME|MANHOLE|0|[id]-[seq]

Create - True

Change - True

On Manuel - False

On Change (Geometry) - False

WUD_GIS us the grid polygon feature class with the grid information within the SEQNAME field we want to use as part of our FACILITYID unique identifier. Is it because the WUD_GIS feature class is not within a dataset within the database? Does this grid feature class need to have a certain schema & reside in a particular dataset?

Very stumped as to what I am doing wrong? Do I need to edit something in the Attribute Assistant CONFIG file to make it possible? Let me know if either of you have any recommendations. Thanks!

0 Kudos