Domains and feature service editing, field names issue

02-16-2015 05:46 AM
TysonJohnston
Occasional Contributor

It appears that in ArcGIS Pro 1.0 you do not have to create a local copy for editing to make edits to a feature service as in ArcGIS 10.3 and prior.  I have noticed that on feature classes in a feature service that utilize subtypes, the subtype field shows the code, not description, as does one of the domains that changes depending on the subtype selected.  Also, the field names are displaying, not the field aliases.

See elem_type and elem_name fields in attachment.  Other fields that use domains, such as elem_found, elem_eo, and new_up do show the domain description instead of the coded value.

pro_domains.png

0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tyson,

Were looking into a few issues related to this. I'll reply when we know more.

Thanks for the feedback.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok there's a few issues here with both feature services and enterprise GDB sources.

• Field names are being shown instead of aliases.
  • The subtype code is being shown instead of the description in the explore popup (identify) and the attribute pane. This happens with most datasets but not all...
  • For subtypes that have different domains, the code is being shown instead of the description in the explore popup and the attribute table. The attribute pane seems ok but we'll keep looking.

We'll fix these for 1.1.

AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Sean Jones I've installed 1.1 and subtype fields still display code value instead of description. I suppose the issue hasn't been fixed for 1.1?

NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

Any news on this?  I'm also running 1.1 and only see the codes for my domains not the descriptions.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately the explore window issues were not addressed for 1.1.

It is currently being worked on for a future release.

TysonJohnston
Occasional Contributor

Was this addressed in 1.2?  I have not yet installed.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

It does not appear that this issue was addressed in ArcGIS Pro 1.2.

You can find a information related to the issues that were addressed by clicking on the link below...

Release Notes for ArcGIS Pro 1.2—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
MikeFrates1
New Contributor II

Just downloaded 1.4.0 and this issue was not addressed. Was a server-side change made to address this at 10.5, or does the issue still reside with Pro? sean_jones-esristaff

0 Kudos
MikeFrates1
New Contributor II

Is this fixed in Pro 1.4 (January 2017)? I'm using 1.3.1 and still see the issue. This fix will be very helpful for a variety of ongoing projects which are heavily reliant on feature services.

0 Kudos