What is the 'Can't Miss' part of the UC that you recommend to new users?

02-17-2015 03:28 PM
KarenRichardson
Occasional Contributor III

The UC is a big place - last year, 16,000 of us gathered together in San Diego. What would you recommend to someone who is coming to the UC for the very first time? Don't miss the plenary? Go to one of the Road Ahead sessions? Meeting with tech or training staff at the Esri Expo? Help us make this year's UC the best ever for those first timers. Tell me what you think!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For a new user and new person to UC I highly suggest wandering around the Convention Center on Sunday when its relatively quiet. Get to know the layout and the main rooms. Check your agenda for the Must See sessions (you have pre-checked the agenda right??) and make sure you know where they are to save you time on Tuesday and Wed - the popular "road ahead" sessions may fill up. Consider taking a Sunday first timer tour of the facility and meet some other new folks.

Don't forget that some popular sessions, including the opening day plenary are usually streamed to the GeoLounge, however, be careful you don't get too comfy in a beanbag chair else you'll likely be snoring!

If you have no idea what to do on Sunday night hit up Dicks... there's always some friendly GeoGeeks on the patio and are always glad to have you pull up a chair and join in!

Don't forget about some of the vendor/partner sponsored lunch time sessions - these are interesting and a great way to score a free lunch! If you have to get out and are short on time I suggest Tin Fish or a burger at Dick's - go to the bar for fastest service!

Finally, be sure to wear comfy shoes and be sure to stock up your hotel room with some snacks and drinks on Sunday of you can - I hit World Market as soon as I get to town!

Oh, an lastly, devote an entire morning or a big block of time to the Exhibit floor if you can and be sure to find the developer pavilion, there's some great stuff there.

And Tweet!

Cheers

@gletham