Is it possible to add Bing Basemaps in ArcGIS Pro?

02-19-2015 09:09 AM
ShaunDodson
New Contributor II

I am able to add them to webmaps created from ArcGIS pro once I export them to my organization account.. but I'd love to be able to have Bing basemaps within the ArcGIS Pro application as well...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Shaun,

Pro will show you the list of basemaps that are configured in the organization/portal you're logged in to.  Ask your org administrator to add the Bing basemaps to your org, and you should see them as an option in Pro.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
ShaunDodson
New Contributor II

Jeremy,

I actually am the org administrator.  I thought I had added the Bing key, as I am able to access Bing basemaps once I "share" a map as a webmap.  I just cannot get Bing basemaps to show as an option from within ArcGIS Pro.  Could you point me to where I would add Bing maps to our Org so that they will show up in our portal in ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Shaun,

I just tried this locally.  Once I added the Bing key, any new Pro client who logged in to the org saw the Bing basemap. 

0 Kudos
MichelleYanda
New Contributor II

Jeremy,  we are having the same issue, we can see it using ArcGIS online maps and through ArcMap v10.3, but can not see it using ArcGIS Pro.  The key has always been in our org for Bing.  Where do you add the bing basemap in ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
ShaunDodson
New Contributor II

Michelle,

We figured it out, though it seemed like kind of a round-about way to do so.  What we did was logged into our org portal.  Then we created and saved 3 blank webmaps to our ArcGIS Online account.  One with Bing Maps as basemap, one with Bing Aerials, and one with Bing Hybrid.  Once the 3 webmaps were saved, we shared them to the "Bing" Group that we had created in order to get Bing basemaps to work through ArcGIS Online.   Once we did that, those 3 maps showed up as basemap options in ArcGIS Pro.  Hope this helps... 

nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
  1. add data
  2. select All Portal
  3. in search box digit bing

MarkSison
New Contributor

Thanks so much! Worked like a charm.

0 Kudos
NickShannon
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if Bing Maps can be use for ArcGIS Web Scene (3D globe) : Scene Viewer 

I can access Bing Maps in ArcGIS Online and ArcMap Desktop, but it's grayed out in the Scene Viewer. 

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

N1cks - No, SceneViewer does not support Bing Maps.