Symbol Levels

02-19-2015 11:52 AM
TravisRoth
New Contributor

I'm currently working with a couple polygons that are contiguous and their borders are overlapping rather than appearing side by side. How do you show the borders of both polygons side by side rather than just the one on top?

Any advice on this subject would be great! This forum has already been a huge help with the last few questions I have posted so thank you all for that.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Travis,

Increase the width of the outline of the polygon lying below. Define different outline colors as well.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

3 other possibilities I can think of:

1. Add a negative offset to the polygon outline's line symbol so the line draws just inside the polygon - to do that you will need to drill down into the polygon outline's line symbol dialog. This might work best for fairly simple polygons, without sharp kinks or bends.

2. Use Representations - I believe there is an offset option for polygon outlines, which would give you something similar, but with more options to refine it.

3. Create a small buffer just inside the polygons. The buffers will be polygons, but if you make them narrow enough and just set a solid fill they will look like lines.

0 Kudos