Merging colors of two overlapping layers

Jump to solution
02-20-2015 04:55 PM
GobTron
New Contributor III

There's something i think that would be cool to do for a map presentation. I have a shapefile of unemployment rate represented using quantities symbology. Underneath that layer, there's a vegetation layer. I want the vegetation to be the same color as the unemployment rate layer where those two overlaps. Then I would hide the unemployment layer (wich are just big rectangle polygons) or maybe just keep the ouline.

Is that something possible. And do anybody understand why i'm trying to do? I attached a picture of my map, if it helps.

I tried messing with "Convert feature to graphics".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gob,

First of all, you can use Identity (Analysis) tool for these two layers (Input feature: Vegetation; Identity Feature: Unemployment_rate).

Then open the symbology (Layer Properties > Symbology) of the resulting Identity_layer. Import the symbology of the Unemployment_rate layer (see example below).

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gob,

First of all, you can use Identity (Analysis) tool for these two layers (Input feature: Vegetation; Identity Feature: Unemployment_rate).

Then open the symbology (Layer Properties > Symbology) of the resulting Identity_layer. Import the symbology of the Unemployment_rate layer (see example below).

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
GobTron
New Contributor III

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to do.