Stream WSE From Point WSE Measurements tool not available

02-20-2015 12:42 PM
Labels (1)
Lara_PucikJohnson
New Contributor II

I just installed the Arc Hydro Tools 10.1.0.366 on top of Desktop ArcMap 10.1 SP1 Build 3143 with Spatial Analyst.

When I go to the "Stream WSE From Point WSE Measurements" model tool, it is not available.  It has a little red "X" over it in the Catalog Toolbox view.  I thought I should have access to this tool because I do have Spatial Analyst running and these are the requirements listed for the tool:

Licensing Information

ArcView: Requires Spatial Analyst

ArcEditor: Requires Spatial Analyst

ArcInfo: Yes

Am I misunderstanding the licensing for this tool or is there something else I need to do to gain access to it?

I am ultimately interested in running a floodplain delineation analysis like the one I saw here:

Floodplain delineation using only Arc Hydro models | ArcGIS Blog

Anything advice on how to get this tool running so I can get started would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS.  Wasn't sure whether to post this in the Arc Hydro "Group" or here in the Arc Hydro "Space."  What exactly is the difference?  This fan of the old discussion forums still finds GeoNet disorganized and time-consuming to navigate.

ArcHydroScreenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You did toggle on the Spatial Analyst Extension in Customize, Extensions?  I don't know if it enables it automatically

Lara_PucikJohnson
New Contributor II

Yes, Spatial Analyst is on:

ArcHydroScreenshot2.jpg

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well, the only thing that I can think of is that it requires a certain version of ArcMap, I notice that you are using 10.1, and it is a model that is x'ed out, is the toolbox geared for 10.1 or 10.0 or 10.2 and/or is it backwards compatible ?

0 Kudos
Lara_PucikJohnson
New Contributor II

I followed the link to download Arc Hydro Tools 10.1.0.366 for Arc Map 10.1 from this thread:

Arc Hydro Setup Versions

0 Kudos
PoojaPandey1
New Contributor III

This tool doen't work with arcgis 10.1, use the higher version. I am using 10.3 and it's working there. 

0 Kudos