Android Sample, OfflineEditor, Error Sync(Error in uploading Changes)

02-21-2015 02:51 PM
NabeelAdnan
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using offline editor sample for android, it working fine, but once i did any change and touch the Sync button to sync back(upload) my changes i faced the following Error

GDBUtil﹕ com.esri.core.io.EsriServiceException: Error in uploading item part ife0ef5ed-d728-4727-a9d9-a450d8147846

at com.esri.core.internal.io.handler.c.a(SourceFile:613)

at com.esri.core.internal.io.handler.h.a(SourceFile:288)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.ags.aq.a(SourceFile:129)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.ags.aq.a(SourceFile:56)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.ags.aq.execute(SourceFile:35)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.a.call(SourceFile:88)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask.submitUploadForSyncJobInternal(SourceFile:693)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask.access$1000(SourceFile:60)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask$2.call(SourceFile:290)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask$2.call(SourceFile:258)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

anyone has any idea how to come over this?

thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MengyiGuo
Occasional Contributor

Are you working with Esri's sample feature service or your own service?

Would you like to provide more information about the steps to repro this issue? I worked as follows and it works fine:

1. Download data with the download button

2. Edit on local data with the edit button, choose an symbol from template, add the symbol to the map.

3. Touch the check button to finish editing.

4. Sync back with the Sync button, agree to delete previously downloaded geodatabase.

0 Kudos
NabeelAdnan
New Contributor

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your response.

I am using Esri's sample feature service, and i am doing the following

1. Download data with the download button

2. Edit on local data with the edit button, choose an symbol from template, add the symbol to the map.

3. Save your edit by clicking on Save button.

4. upload your edit by click on Sync Button

app will try to sync and then it will show the error.

thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
MengyiGuo
Occasional Contributor

If I understand correctly, is this your steps to repro the case?

Screenshot_2015-02-24-09-42-07.png

0 Kudos
NabeelAdnan
New Contributor

Yes Sir, i am doing 1, then add line or point then press 2, then my line gave me a feeling like it is saved in a file, and when i check the ARCGIS\samples\offlineEditor folder in my phone, i found some new files like offlinedata.geodatabase

after that i click on 3 and the message appears

Error in uploading item part <some random number here>

0 Kudos
MengyiGuo
Occasional Contributor

I'm following a same workflow but can not reproduce your issue... it seems that editing works but can not upload. How is your network?

0 Kudos
NabeelAdnan
New Contributor

Yes Sir,

that is true, you can edit, and you can go online, and when you go offline again everything works fine, and you can find your edits, but once you click on Sync, to upload your work, a toast message appears on the phone says: Error in uploading item part <some random number here> and the following exception appears in the android studio(if ur phone is connected)

GDBUtil﹕ com.esri.core.io.EsriServiceException: Error in uploading item part ife0ef5ed-d728-4727-a9d9-a450d8147846

at com.esri.core.internal.io.handler.c.a(SourceFile:613)

at com.esri.core.internal.io.handler.h.a(SourceFile:288)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.ags.aq.a(SourceFile:129)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.ags.aq.a(SourceFile:56)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.ags.aq.execute(SourceFile:35)

at com.esri.core.internal.tasks.a.call(SourceFile:88)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask.submitUploadForSyncJobInternal(SourceFile:693)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask.access$1000(SourceFile:60)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask$2.call(SourceFile:290)

at com.esri.core.tasks.geodatabase.GeodatabaseSyncTask$2.call(SourceFile:258)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1076)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:569)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

My Connection is good, i am using a 8 MB speed connection.

appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
NabeelAdnan
New Contributor

Hello,

Any Updates?

0 Kudos
MengyiGuo
Occasional Contributor

It seems that we are following a same workflow but I can not reproduce your issue.

Would you like to try to delete the data folder(include the geodatabase parts) on your device and run it again? I doubt there is something wrong with the item part.

0 Kudos
BenjaminBell
New Contributor

I have been running into this same issue.  I'm not using the ESRI sample data, however I have taken from the GBDUtil sample code.  It looks like it is having an issue with the Sync Parameters it gets from the gdb however I'm uncertain. 

Error received below -

com.esri.core.io.EsriServiceException: Error in uploading item part i564909e3-5dc5-4315-bc0c-5307b2d40d5b

Code getting parameters -

final SyncGeodatabaseParameters syncParams = gdb.getSyncParameters();

Is there a way to create the sync parameters without grabbing them?

I'm using the latest Android Studio along with 10.2.5.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos