Web AppBuilder Dev edition - what are minimum files needed for posting to web server?

Jump to solution
02-24-2015 08:59 AM
MichaelRich
New Contributor III

Using WAB Dev, I create project and then Download.  Extract the download and post to web server.  I'm not a web tech at all, but seems as though there is a bunch of extra folders/files that probably aren't needed.  Is there a simpler way to deploy my WAB Dev projects?

thanks, Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

You are using the correct process.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

You are using the correct process.

0 Kudos
MichaelRich
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert.  ~13Mb seems like a lot for these apps.  Just thought I might be missing something and looking for an easier way to make sure any local changes I make get posted without having to re-post the entire folder contents.

0 Kudos
MichaelRich
New Contributor III

What about this build.bat in the buildScripts dir?  I just tried it and looks like it is supposed to compile the app, but it gave me a couple errors.  any detailed info you could relay would be great.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Yep I have noticed the buildScripts folder and wondered if that is really necessary. I just deleted that whole folder from one of my WAB sites and it did not affect anything, so I would say that it is safe to delete that folder and save 3.73 MB. I will ask the WAB team about this at the Dev Summit.

JeremieCornet1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

It is possible to customize the webapp builder developper edition to have a lighter configuration.

- deploy wished components (init.js, env.js, jimu.js, libs, widgets...) on a web server

- modify index.html in client/stemapp to point to this ressources

- modifiy client/stemapp/config.json

- add all widgets in widgetOnScreen and widgetPool (with visible on false or true as you wish)

- point to widget's icons on web server location.

- modify the corresponding locations in init.js (dojoConfig.packages). /!\ in web server init.js

- delete this components in client/stemapp folder

With this configurations, the apps are lighter (contain index.html, config.json, configs and eventually specific widgets or theme) and point to a common location when deployed on web server (for example, modification in a custom widget => all apps are ok so they point on it).

I'm currently deploying it for a client.

It's a little experimental now but i could make a complete description when we will deploy it on production.

On minimum, you could deploy jimu.js and libs on the web server and modify index.html and init.js (dojoConfig.packages) in client/stemapp to point on it. (and then remove this 2 folders from client/stemapp).

=> More than 8 Mo removed from stemapp and therefore from all created apps

=> all apps point to the same jimu.js and libs location so browser caching is used between apps !

MichaelRich
New Contributor III

Jeremy,

thanks for the response.  I started following you, so if you write up the workflow it would be great to use.  I mostly understand what you are describing but my take me awhile to piece together.  the thought of have jimu.js and libs in one location on our webserver sounds like a good option to explore.

-Mike

0 Kudos