Some features aren't showing up

Jump to solution
02-26-2015 12:47 PM
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

I uploaded a map service onto ArcGIS Online and noticed that I'm having a problem with one of my layers. The layer is a Shapefile and consists of polygon features. There are 13,766 features but only 13,566 are showing up on the map I created. As I mined into it a little more I found one block of 100 where every feature from ID 7800-7900 wasn't showing. I tried copying and pasting those features on their existing location and they don't show up. If I create a new feature it shows up but I'm still missing 200 features. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

After working with technical support we narrowed it down to two features (both that were within the ID ranges listed above) with bad geometry. After deleting them everything else worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

Are the spatial features for those 200 features showing up on ArcMap?

Think Location
0 Kudos
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

Yeah, they show up just fine on ArcMap. I don't see any errors on that particular layer while publishing the map service either. It's very strange.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Matt,

Can you share your service or the data? If not, I recommend contacting Esri Support Services.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

I just added and shared "Buildings" as a feature service and ShapeFile. It still shows 13766 features in ArcMap and 13566 in ArcGIS Online. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

So the 200 polygons that are missing are ID 7801-7900 and 12701-12800. Still haven't been able to fix the issue but it seems like it gets lost someplace in the upload process. I've tried downloading it as a feature service through ArcMap as well as directly in ArcGIS Online as it's own Shapefile. Same result. It also occurs to me now that sharing it through ArcGIS Online won't be the most effective method to share because the features are already missing. You would probably want the original shapefile. I guess I'll get in touch with technical support and see if they want me to send it to them via e-mail.

0 Kudos
MattZetterman
New Contributor III

After working with technical support we narrowed it down to two features (both that were within the ID ranges listed above) with bad geometry. After deleting them everything else worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

0 Kudos