FGDB to CityEngine Will not load my data.

03-03-2015 02:24 PM
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

Ok..So I have a feature class of lines (with z values) and a feature class of multipatch buildings.  When I drag and drop the FGDB in the Viewport, it gives me the option to select the lines and multipatch.  However, the data does not show up in the scene even though it is listed in the "scene.cej" window with the terrain and street network datasets.  How do i fix this? (I have everything in the same Coord. Sys. and everything shows up in ArcScene with no problem).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

couple of quick tips:

-Make sure all of the first four buttons at top of the Viewport are toggled on. MAke sure the 5th is off.

-Click on the viewport to focus it, then hit A (a couple times if necessary) to frame all.

-Right click on the layers in the scene window, and make sure it lists more than 0 shapes on the layer.

-Right click on the layers in the scene window, and click "frame layer"

does any of that turn on or find the data?

MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

Ok! , Thanks! All of the suggestions worked properly if I take out the lines (polylines) and just add the multipatch building shells.  I tried adding a smaller sub-set of the lines separately with the connect nodes and segments option.  However they show up as extremely curved small lines.  I want them to stay straight and tubular like they were when i constructed them for a line-of-site analysis.  How would I achieve that for the lines?

Also, how would you suggest getting the model to a 3D web scene?  Is it better to create the models in CityEngine and then push them to Scene or Globe to make a 3D web scene or is it better to go directly from CityEngine to a web scene?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

#1. I'm not sure. Need further details.

#2. Go directly from CityEngine to web scene. For sure.