Export .sxd to 3D Viewer

03-05-2015 01:14 AM
JoostBrama
New Contributor

What is the best way to export a ArcScene Document with several MultiPatch Features to a (free) 3D viewer?

An Online viewer may also be good.

I'm quite a noob on 3D, so any help would be appreciated.

I already created a WRL from my ArcScene Document, by exporting it to 3D in ArcScene.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joost,

One option to consider might be exporting the scene file to a webscene (3ws). And upload this to ArcGIS Online, or you download the free viewer to host on a webserver (can put on a local IIS server if you work on a windows environment).

The viewer and instructions can be downloaded here: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=38fede3935a440e49cf316dcae6aae47

Publishing to a 3D webscene from an SXD is done with the 'export to 3D web scene' tool: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

Good luck with it!

0 Kudos
JoostBrama
New Contributor

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for your response, but I'm not getting the result I want.

I've exported the .sxd to .3ws but when I import this in ArcGis Online all the layers are visible at the right side of the screen, but there is no data to view. What am I doing wong?

0 Kudos
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

Is it confidential data, or can you share the 3ws file? If so, I could take a look in my local webhosting...

0 Kudos
JoostBrama
New Contributor

Yes, I can.

Here it is:

WeTransfer

0 Kudos
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

Nope, unfortunately also blanc within my viewers. Do you use CityEngine or ArcScene for the 3d modeling?

(Bezig met een demo voor gemeente Almelo? )

0 Kudos
JoostBrama
New Contributor

I use ArcScene, trail version.

Which expires in about a week, so I want to share my results with some people in company who doesn't use the ArcGIS software.

(Haha ja, collega's van milieu willen weten wat wij van Geo met hun 3D bestanden kunnen. Normaal gesproken werk ik slechts met ArcInfo, Spatial Analyst, Data Interop en een beetje FME.)

0 Kudos
JoostBrama
New Contributor

I've contacted ESRI Support, hope they've got a solution for me.

0 Kudos
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

If you like, you can create some layer packages of the data or pack the data with the .sxd in one folder and I can have a look..

0 Kudos
JoostBrama
New Contributor

I'd like that.

Good luck!

WeTransfer

0 Kudos