x-ray vision in arcscene

03-09-2015 07:03 AM
VictorKlinkenberg
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I suddenly noticed that in arcscene when I am looking through a semi-transparent feature, I also look through other features lying behind that semi-transparent feature.

The situation is as follows: In my document I am looking at a elevated polygon. behind it are a number of elevated 3d points. I cannot see them as there is a polygon in the way. I have made another polygon layer visible, this time with a transparancy set in its display tab. now I am looking at the semi-transparent polygon, behind it is the other polygon, and behind that second polygon are the 3D points. Looking through the semi-transparent polygon you would expect to see what lies behind it but, alas, I also suddenly look through the other (not transparent at all) polygon and see the objects which lie behind.

In the attached image the left is the situation without the semi-transparent polygon, the right includes this one and shows the points from the background.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I did change my graphics card recently, but I thought that was an improvement...

Cheers,

Victor

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
VictorKlinkenberg
New Contributor III

So I have been looking around a bit more and it seems there was a transparency set for the features which were suddenly translucent. These are extruded polygons and show no transparency in regular view, but, when viewed through a different transparent feature, the extruded polygons are completely transparent.

So the issue is narrowed down a little but still not fixed.

Anyone other ideas?

0 Kudos