Pictometry and Streetview

03-11-2015 12:50 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated post:

Here is my pictometry widget. It's just a way to open a link in a new window to your Pictometry.

Demo link ArcGIS Web Application

GitHub link to code:  kevinsagis/Pictometry-for-WebApp-Builder · GitHub

Per the Read Me I will look into building the option to put Pictometry imagery into the popup inline as well. I've already had success putting video and other stuff in popups so hopefully this won't be too bad. Note also the capability to use your organization's internal EFS viewer with this as well! We use this as well as the Connect Online on Pictometry's cloud.  Instructions for both of these implementations are below, including how to use the required php file.

Here's a Streetview widget that operates similarly:

Demo app link :  ArcGIS Web Application

GitHub link - kevinsagis/Streetview · GitHub

***Update 5/18: New update posted. You can directly enter your server URL in the WebApp Builder in the widget configuration setup. For now it's just the Pictometry Online Connect (IPA).  I will add the internal link field later today or tomorrow.  See the Read Me.txt included for the common URL path formatting for Pictometry. 

48 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Kevin MacLeod​,

That will be a great addition to the group of widgets.

If you want to look at an existing widget that is very similar to what you are explaining then please check out Street View in Popup Widget 1.1.0.1 This basically grabs the lat long and puts it into a url and iframes it to the popup.

0 Kudos
AndrewFarrar
Occasional Contributor

I would be very interesting to see what you've put together for a Pictometry/WAB integration.  I've been looking at a couple of ways to build that into GIS and get it out to our users. 

0 Kudos
KenDoman
Occasional Contributor II

We've put together a WAB viewer that shows the content of a separate Pictometry Connect viewer page. We use lat/long in the web requests to reposition the viewer. I'd like to see if you pull off something more integrated.

0 Kudos
CN
by
New Contributor III

Our company Houston Engineering (HEI) has put together a WAB widget in a similiar manner that Ken described.  I agree a more integrated widget would be cool to see. 

Chad

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is my pictometry widget. It's just a way to open a link in a new window to your Pictometry.

I'll put the Streetview one up in a bit too.

As per the Read Me I will look into building the option to put Pictometry imagery into the popup inline as well. I've already had success putting video and other stuff in popups so hopefully this won't be too bad. Note also the capability to use your organization's internal EFS viewer with this as well! We use this as well as the Connect Online on Pictometry's cloud.

kevinsagis/Pictometry-for-WebApp-Builder · GitHub

I know this is simple but it is the first code I have ever posted or shared. Thank you to everyone here I've learned so much from you all. If there are any bugs or feedback from improvement I will be happy to hear.  I hope to post more as we get into WAB. Our organization has decided to start building around WebApp and leveraging it and to post and share many of our developments here as open source.

StanMcShinsky

Kevin,

Do you have a demo of your widget we can check out?

-Stan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stan,

Great idea,

Here you go - ArcGIS Web Application

-Kevin

StanMcShinsky

Kevin,

This looks promising. Two quick things.

1. It will be helpful to have the demo open the widget at start.

2. It would be nice to start with the map zoomed in more to an area of known pictometry.

When I click on the map I get a new page pop up that says http://insert_your_site_url/php/ipa.php?lat=32.0447869266681&lon=-81.20544531249722 It is missing the site url. Is this on purpose?

-Stan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stan,

I have fixed this. I revised my Git code on the server to point to our live URL.  It points to Chatham County. We have Pictometry for the entire county. Use the widget inside the county boundary.

I do not know how to tell it to be open at startup but I will read through the Docs and make this change. Thank you for this suggestion!