Draw curved lines on the map

Jump to solution
03-21-2015 08:19 AM
thilibu
New Contributor II

I want to draw curved lines between points on the map using  ArcGIS runtime sdk  with android.Can i do that? Is there any inbuilt methods to do that? What are the inputs that wants to draw the curve rather than coordinates on the relevent points?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
omega_cancer
Occasional Contributor II

I am afraid there is no any built in method to draw curved lines. Here goes the workflow:

1. You might need to extend Symbol Class

2. Use SVG tags / geoJSON to hold geometries / coords

3. Draw curved lines on map using native android drawing capabilities

Your second option is have a look inside Milsym2525c lib from ESRI, It contains tactical graphic. They allow you to draw curved lines. I mean Green line from Wales to Irish sea.

Hope it would help

SymbolDictionaryApp.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
omega_cancer
Occasional Contributor II

I am afraid there is no any built in method to draw curved lines. Here goes the workflow:

1. You might need to extend Symbol Class

2. Use SVG tags / geoJSON to hold geometries / coords

3. Draw curved lines on map using native android drawing capabilities

Your second option is have a look inside Milsym2525c lib from ESRI, It contains tactical graphic. They allow you to draw curved lines. I mean Green line from Wales to Irish sea.

Hope it would help

SymbolDictionaryApp.png

thilibu
New Contributor II

Thank you very much..If you can explain more the way that i should do from one of the options  above it'll very helpful to me.

I read GeoJSON Earthquake Map and Mil2525c Sample on the sample code. But i couldn't find a way to draw curve.

I have some measurements like coordinates of the points where to place on the map, deflection angle between main tangents, radius tangent length etc. But i don't need to use all of those measurements..just some of them and draw the curve.Really i want to draw a railway path on the map.

I looked the Symbol class and in that the Curves only wants 3 points coordinates as start and end points coordinates and the control point coordinate to draw the curve. But here i'm only having start and end coordinates..

0 Kudos