arcgis server not working

03-23-2015 09:57 AM
OlufisolaOladipo2
New Contributor

Hi All, Please help me with this arcgis server issue.

"Add ArcGIS Server - Error: Proxy server got bad address from remote server (verify the server is running).

The question is, how I verify the server is running?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Olufisola,

If you are on the machine ArcGIS Server is installed on, you can go to Start > Run > type in 'services.msc'.  There you will see ArcGIS Server.  Ex:

screen1.png

OlufisolaOladipo2
New Contributor

Hi Jake, thanks for your prompt response. I tried the services.msc and I noticed that ArcGIS Server services were not started. However, after starting the ArcGIS Server services, I go to the ArcCatalog to connect, I still get the same Error: Proxy server got bad address from remote server (verify the server is running). I also noticed each time I go back to the Services page, ArcGIS Server service is empty even after starting it. The Start status for ArcGIS Server is NOT permanent like some other items in the Services. What could be the problem? Please help!

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I would recommend running a Repair of ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
OlufisolaOladipo2
New Contributor

Thank you all for your help. The ArcGIS Server has re-installed successfully and the ArcGIS Server Manager now working. But I still have a problem with ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation. After installing the web adaptor, I got the message: Server Error in '/arcgis' Application - the profile for the user is a temporary profile. This is followed by Source Error and Stack Trace quite lengthy to be typed here.

Please how do I resolve this issue? Thank you

0 Kudos
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III

You don't give the "We were unable to connect..." line of your error message but I am going to assume you are trying to connect using the Web Adaptor name rather than ArcGIS.

Even if you have set up the web adaptor you have to set up your ArcCatalog connection as if you haven't.

Use http://<server>:6080/arcgis

Good Luck

Brent

0 Kudos
OlufisolaOladipo2
New Contributor

Thank you all for your help. The ArcGIS Server has re-installed successfully and the ArcGIS Server Manager now working. But I still have a problem with ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation. After installing the web adaptor, I got the message: Server Error in '/arcgis' Application - the profile for the user is a temporary profile. This is followed by Source Error and Stack Trace quite lengthy to be typed here.

Please how do I resolve this issue? Thank you.

0 Kudos