ArcGIS for Windows Mobile - Basemap and operational layers not aligned on tablet device

Jump to solution
03-26-2015 01:48 PM
JoshuaJacomb
New Contributor III

I am having an issue with my basemap not aligning with my operational layers on specific tablets devices. I have raster basemap layer generated through tile package that does draw, zoom, or align with my operational layers properly inside of the ArcGIS for Windows mobile application running on Panasonic ToughPad (Windows 7). The same ArcGIS Windows Mobile project displays and performs correctly in the Mobile Project center on my desktop computer and on our Trimble Geo 7X GPS devices. I am thinking this may be a screen resolution issue or image driver on my tablets but have not been able to figure it out. The "recommended" screen resolution setting on the ToughPad is 1920x1200. Any advice to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Basemap tile package (NAD83 UTM Zone 15N)

Operational Layers - Published Feature/Mobile Service (NAD 83 UTM Zone 15N)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaJacomb
New Contributor III

I have found the solution to this issue. This is actually a windows display setting. The Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1 device has its setting at 125% if you change it to 100% this will resolve the issue. There was a post about this a few months ago when I had the same issue. If you go to control panel>display and change the setting to 100% it will resolve the issue.

I discovered this solution under this thread on GeoNet https://community.esri.com/message/420117#420117

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MattFlowerday1
New Contributor III

For the mis-alignment issue, it’s probably related to the DPI setting on your tablet. If you set it to 100% it should look good

Sent from matts iPhone

0 Kudos
JoshuaJacomb
New Contributor III

I have found the solution to this issue. This is actually a windows display setting. The Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1 device has its setting at 125% if you change it to 100% this will resolve the issue. There was a post about this a few months ago when I had the same issue. If you go to control panel>display and change the setting to 100% it will resolve the issue.

I discovered this solution under this thread on GeoNet https://community.esri.com/message/420117#420117

0 Kudos