Heat Map in Silverlight

10-12-2010 02:25 PM
JenniferLink
New Contributor III
Hello everyone,

I downloaded some code from the CodePlex website at http://esrisilverlight.codeplex.com/ which opens an ESRI solution that contains a sample on how to produce a heat map in Silverlight ( ESRIToolKitSource_v2.0). The sample works quite well, but I am trying to look at how to modify it such that it behaves similar to the ESRI hotspot mapping available in ArcGIS Desktop. I know that the two approaches are quite different, but any additional information as to how this code generates the results would be great.

Are there any additional resources out there explaining how the heat map works, and how it can be modified?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
JenniferLink
New Contributor III
Thanks for the link. There is some good information here, but I am looking for something even more detailed. So, I'm still on the hunt...
0 Kudos
BenjaminHarper
New Contributor III
Can someone at ESRI address this question in more detail, or escalate the question to someone who is knowledgeable with the API? Is the Heat Map in Silverlight actually a point density analysis, much like that in the desktop spatial analysis toolbox. I understand that the intensity is a measure of cell size, but what about the search radius; is there a default not being revealed to the user? Also, does the heat map result get regenerated on each successive extent view or the entire feature extent?
0 Kudos