Don't understand why my layer doesn't show on the map

04-15-2015 05:57 AM
ArnaudGerosa
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I new to the ArcGIS Android SDK, for a school project within my university I have to show some open data from my city on a map. All the data are from an ArcGIS Services directory.

I have followed this tutorial : Access feature data in the cloud—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers

And I just want to change the featureServiceURL of the data (I don't even use the query option menu).

Here are the data I want to use (there are two URLs but they both contain the same data) :

Places handicapés - Mobilite_general

OTC_PLACE_HANDICAPE - open_data/vector_layers

Please help me, I really don't understand why the data doesn't appear on the map.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShellyGill1
Esri Contributor

Hi Arnaud,

The tutorial you referenced creates an ArcGISFeatureLayer from a feature service. The services you posted links to are map services. These two types of service are different things, and require a different type of layer class. You can check in the onStatusChanged callback e.g.:

public void onStatusChanged(Object source, STATUS status) {

if ((source instanceof ArcGISFeatureLayer) && (status == STATUS.LAYER_LOADING_FAILED)) {

Log.e("Layer", "LAYER_LOADING_FAILED");

}

However, you can still easily add your services to your map using the correct class - you should find the answers you are looking for in these help topics:

Maps and layers—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers

Layer types—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers

Regards

Shelly

0 Kudos